Partnership for a Fit Pike County

Pauley Bridge

The one-lane 390-foot wood deck suspended cable system Pauley Bridge was created in 1935 as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Works' Progress Administration (WPA), which set about to revitalize communities across the country.  The bridge was included on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.  At the time of its nomination, Pauley Bridge was one of only three swinging suspension bridges remaining in Kentucky.  In 1991, the city closed Pauley Bridge to vehicles, upon its reopening the bridge is accessible to bicyclists and pedestrians only.

Pauley Bridge
Pauley Bridge